MS Office? Yeah, this sounds familiar. Oh yeah, we used to make presentations and assignments in school years. But is it practical now? Well, of course, it is.
Almost everyone who uses a computer also needs an office software suite composed of a spreadsheet, word processor, and presentation software. Microsoft combines them into a single suite called MS Office suite which has been popularly used across the world for decades.
In this article we are going to find out about all the amazing features that MS Office carries, and not only that we will show you how you can use the best of it in your educational life or in business.
Let’s get started.
What is Microsoft Office?
Microsoft Office is a closed-source software office suite containing different applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS OneNote, MS Outlook, MS Publisher, MS Access, Skype, and Microsoft Info Path.
While these are called Applications, Microsoft Office is called Software.
Uses of MS Office
Microsoft Office is a set of office-related applications mainly used for business or office purposes. MS Office is used to simplify basic office tasks and improve work productivity.
Each application serves a unique purpose and offer specific tasks, such as MS Word is used for word processing, Excel for data management, PowerPoint for making presentations and Outlook for organizing emails and so on.
Importance of MS Office?
MS Office carries many interesting and useful features which are necessary to have in this digital world. It’s one of the most top growing industries with applications used worldwide.
Let’s see what kind of beneficial features it has to help ours in business as well as education.
Top 10 Applications of MS Office and Its feature?
Let’s start by exploring what kind of features and applications MS Office carries.
# MS Word
The first and foremost one to start with is of course our assignment partner. MS Word. It is probably the one application with which all of us are familiar.
MS Word has everything that we need to write at our best and full potential.
Here is a list of some amazing features that you can use in MS Word.
Features of MS Word
- Editor-The Ms. Word editor will help you correct your typing errors and punctuation, and not only that but it will also offer you some intelligent word suggestions which we all need while writing.
- Adding Pictures– Adding pictures and infographics really lighten up our documents and gives them the look of a web page. MS word’s super easy-to-use features will help you create the best word document.
- Translation- The translation amazing is a cherry on top of all of MS Word’s features. It lets you document into other languages and that on a single plane. You don’t have to change panes to read and compare.
- References- Adding references can get a little tough especially if you have to follow a specific format. Luckily MS Word does all of that for you with simple commands.
- Shortcuts-MS word offers shortcuts for all of its commands on the keyboard so you are in a single -place to edit as well as write your stuff.
Funny story, remember how we used to love all the magic shows and movies such as harry potter or where a single person can do stuff which all others can; ’t. You can have that in real life, Just master your shortcut commands in Ms word and all of the MS Office features ( which btw are the same mostly) and you’ll be considered a wizard in school as well as the workplace. Plus it adds extra points to your professional character.
For further details read our blog about the Benefits of MS Word to students
# MS EXCEL
A spreadsheet is an important and useful tool in our lives nowadays.
MS excel is a digital spreadsheet with the capacity of managing a spreadsheet as long as 20 A papers. Now, If you are taking over your life the first thing you’ll need is to plan ahead money-wise and walk in an organized manner.
That’s where MS Excel swoops in with its wand. Here are some amazing practical features of MS Excel which will come more than handy to you.
Features of MS Excel
- Arithmetic solutions– It’s super easy to add and subtract numbers from a whole list of sections. Ms. Excel lets you perform calculations to the whole spreadsheet or if you want just a section of it.
- Managing Expenses– As a human being, everyone has expenses some of them are valid some come with luxury expenses or binge shopping. Ms. Excel will help you keep track of all of your expenses and plan for future savings.
- Formatting– Its formatting features can help you highlight or color rows, columns, and sections for a better review.
- Charts– Analyzed charts are just one click away which will give you visual representations of all of your expenses.
# MS POWERPOINT
It’s hard to believe that a person crossing his/her 20’s hasn’t come across using PowerPoint. But if you haven’t we are glad that you came because we will walk you through all the basic purposes of MS POWERPOINT.
Ms. PowerPoint is an application that helps you make your digitized presentations and lectures. Here are some fun and useful applications of MS PowerPoint.
Features of MS PowerPoint
- Slide Show- You can make your own slideshow with pictures of your choice
- Customizing– You can customize your slides according to your needs. You can select the format, change fonts, add images, add analyzing charts, links, and much more
- Making Notes– for me, it is super useful in making my subject notes chapter or topic wise.
# MICROSOFT ONE NOTE
MS Onenote is a digitalized notebook. But honestly speaking it’s more than just a notebook. It carries a lot of fun features that we always imagined but never got. Let’s dig into some of its fun features.
Features of MS One note
- Writing- It works great as a notebook with organized sections and features that you can use for your school, home, and much more
- Adding Infographics- You can add images, videos, stickers, and much more to the e-ages to make them more appealing and visually easy to review.
- Planner-It has all the features a planner should have, you can add your spreadsheet to it, links to your other documents, to-do list, and on top of that a personnel sketcher to mark up the important stuff.
- Diary- It’s the best digital diary you can ever have, you can add pictures, make sketches, add stickers, memes, GIFs, and much more.
# MICROSOFT OUTLOOK
Microsoft office is an online and offline emailing application that has some features that you won’t get on your usual email server. Here are some cool features that you can only get with Outlook altogether.
Features of Microsoft Outlook
- Syncing-It lets you sync all of your data.
- Email– the email provided by outlook is the key to all the Microsoft programs with your up to date data,
- To do list-The to-do list feature lets you plan ahead and add important tasks to your account.
- Offline Editing-You can check your existing emails even if you are offline and set timings to send out emails.
- Calendar- The calendar will let you synchronize your plans, add contacts to them, plan events, and much more.
# MICROSOFT PUBLISHER
As writers, we all need a good platform for publishing as well as formatting our documents. That’s where Microsoft publisher swoops in with its amazing easy-to-use features.
Let’s find out what can it do
Features of Microsoft Publisher
- Helpful Wizards- MS Publisher is filled with helpful wizards who give a helping hand to experts that we all need during writing.
- Variety of templates- The variety of templates by MS Publisher is insane. You can choose between hundreds of templates for your publications.
- Wide range of Publications-It can be used for a variety of publications such as Brochures, product sheets, proposals, services guides, and much more.
# MICROSOFT ACCESS
MS Access is a useful database tool. How is it different from a spreadsheet? Well, I’m glad you asked it,
In a spreadsheet all of the data is on a single spreadsheet and in case you want to add the same data again you’ll have to type it up repeatedly as many times you want. But in MS Access you’ll be able to.
Features of Microsoft Access
- Make separate tables for a single sheet– Yes If you need separate tables for a single sheet you can make them.
- Link similar data– In case you want to link similar data to multiple sources you can easily do that without typing it all up again.
- Spider Web– The mini spreadsheets can have separate tablets and those can be linked to each other.
# SKYPE FOR BUSINESS
Skype for Business has every freaking thing you need communication-wise. It’s not just a conference call app, it’s a whole new virtual office.
Features of Skype
- Synchronized with the whole MS Office– Skype is synced with every other office feature you are using for better and easy usage.
- Conversation from Apps-You can converse with your colleagues from Ms word and PowerPoint to leave suggestions and make edits.
- Screen sharing- You can share your screen with your clients and colleagues.
- Integrated Contacts- All the company contacts are automatically integrated into your Skype account to make communication easier.
# MICROSOFT INFO PATH
Microsoft Info Path is a software application of MS Office which is used to create forms for various purposes. These forms can be used as time sheets, expense reports, and status requests. All of these features will be synchronized to your Ms. Office application so you can add word documents, spreadsheets, etc to it.
Microsoft Office Versions
|Version Name||Release Year|
|Microsoft Office 1.0||1990|
|Microsoft Office 3.0||1992|
|Microsoft Office 4.0||1994|
|Microsoft Office 95 (7.0)||1995|
|Microsoft Office 97 (8.0)||1996|
|Microsoft Office 2000 (9.0)||1999|
|Microsoft Office XP (10.0)||2001|
|Microsoft Office 2003 (11.0)||2003|
|Microsoft Office 2007 (12.0)||2007|
|Microsoft Office 2010 (14.0)||2010|
|Microsoft Office 2013 (15.0)||2013|
|Microsoft Office 2016 (16.0)||2015|
|Microsoft Office 2019 (16.0)||2018|
Uses of MS OFFICE in Business
# Uses of PowerPoint in Business
With the empowering PowerPoint in hand, it’s super easy to make presentations. In these presentations, you can easily insert images, data analysis charts, and everything you need to visually represent your ideas and concerns.
# Uses of Excel in Business
Microsoft Excel will help you with a spreadsheet with useful tools to keep track of your business expenses. The best part is that it all lies on a single page.
# Uses of Skype in Business
From conference calls to online presentations and meetings, every type of communications and file sharing can be done through Skype.
# Uses of Outlook in Business
Outlook serves key access to all of the cool features of Microsoft Office along with managing your emails. I call it the key to your virtual office.
Having job issues? This blog will help you out a lot.
Uses of MS OFFICE in Education
# Microsoft Word
MS Word serves as a great platform for your writings. You can make your assignments, take notes, and not just that, with its insert options you can add images and videos in case you want it to make a webpage.
The various thematic options will give your assignments a unique look.
There are some more amazing uses of MS Word read all the best uses of ms word in education here
# Uses of PowerPoint in Education
The PowerPoint application servers best in making presentations, preparing lectures, and creating visual lecture cards or chapter notes.
# Uses of One Note
One note is the best application you can have for a student. It’s a digital notebook in which you can write up your notes, use it as a planner, and much more.
# Uses of Skype in Education
Nowadays Skype has great value because of the whole pandemic situation, it serves great as a virtual classroom. You can attend your classes on it, share your PowerPoint presentations, send out assignments, and last but not least, you can share your screen with your teammates or as a teacher with your students.
The Final Verdict:
Ms. Office is a secure and single platform that has so many useful features which are more than practical in this new virtual world. And not just that their premium features are really budget-friendly with monthly and yearly plans.
Some Frequently Ask Question (FAQ) about MS office
- Does MS Office work on MAC?
Yes absolutely, you can take advantage of every single feature of Ms. Office in your MAC Computers.
- Does MS Office have a PDF editor?
There is no separate program to edit PDF but you can use the built-in features of Ms Word to edit PDF files.
“Every Single Read Inspire Us”